Once you have read through the information below, and if you need to make contact, please call Sister Geraldine Mellem. She will resolve any queries or questions and facilitate the admissions for you. Please note the office hours, and if you need to you may use firstname.lastname@example.org after hours.
The indemnity and consent for admission to the programme forms must be signed by the patient (or family member / significant other if unable to do so) and witnessed.
Only patients residing in the listed areas are eligible to come onto the programme.
Patients out of the areas of service cannot be accepted on the Highway Hospice programme. In the event of an out of area patient seeking admission it has to be strictly a doctor-to-doctor referral. Advice on symptom management will be given to the patients’ doctor by the hospice doctor but our Home care professional nurse will make no visits.
PATIENT ADMISSION HOURS:
Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm
SCREENING AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS REQUIRED
- For HIV patients a CD4 Count is required unless the patient is clinically terminally ill.
- A patient suspected of having active untreated TB is required to have a recent sputum result from the clinic.
- Patients with cancer require a referral letter from the oncologist.
- Patients with renal failure require a recent creatinin level.
- Other diseases require a referral letter from the doctor who determines the prognosis of the patient.
- Recent INR Results.
AREAS OF SERVICE FOR HIGHWAY HOSPICE HOMECARE
BEACH – NORTH / SOUTH
CATO MANOR–( CATO CREST/DUNBAR/NSIMBINI )
SEA COW LAKE